The best thing we can do for people is to educate them to help themselves.
1. Peter Brett, Pascale Mompoint-Gaillard and Maria Helena Salema. How all teachers can support citizenship and human rights education: a framework for the development of competences /, Council of Europe Publishing, March 2009
2. Autobiography of Intercultural Encounter. Council of Europe. 2009.
3. Citized, «Conference report on the teaching of controversial issues», 2006,
4. Citizenship Foundation, Teaching about Iraq and other controversial issues, 2003,
5. Claire, H. and Holden, The challenge of teaching controversial issues, Trentham Books, Oakhill, 2007.
6. Gollob, R. and Krapf, P., Living in democracy — lesson plans for lower secondary level (EDC/HRE Volume III), Council of Europe, Strasbourg, 2008.
7. OSCE, «Toledo Guiding Principles — Teaching about religions and beliefs», 2008.
Resources for assessment and evaluation
8. Black, P. et al., «The nature and value of assessment for learning», 2003,
9. Jerome, L., «Assessment in citizenship education», 2003,
10. Klenowski, V., Developing portfolios for learning and assessment: processes and principles, RoutledgeFalmer, London, 2002.
11. QCA, Assessing citizenship, HMSO, London, 2006.
12. Bernard Trafford, Elisabeth Backman. European Year of Citizenship through Education. Learning and Living Democracy. Strasbourg, 2006 / DGIV/EDU/CIT(2006)
13. Peter Cunningham. Children’s identity and citizenship in Europe: an Erasmus academic network project. London Metropolitan University, 2010
14. Sergio AbdusSalam Scatolini, Jan Van Maele, Manu Bartolome. Developing a curriculum for " Learning to live together": building peace in the minds of people, Belgium, 2010
15. White Paper on Intercultural Dialogue ’Living Together as Equals in Dignity« / Launched by the Council of Europe Ministers of Foreign Affairs, Strasbourg, 2008
16. Matt Harlley, Ted Huddleston. School- community-university partnerships for a sustainable democracy/ Council of Europe Publishing, 2010
17. Karen O’Shea. EDC 2001-2003. Developing a Shared Understanding. A Glossary of Terms for EDC. Strasbourg, 2003
18. Audigier, F., Basic concepts and core competencies for education for democratic citizenship, Council of Europe,2000
19. Naval, C., Print, M. and Veldhuis, R., «education for democratic citizenship in the new Europe», European journal of education,37(2), 2002
20. William Dylan. Assessment. Learning communities can use it to engineer a bridge connecting and learning. — National Staff Development Council, winter 2006. vol.27, no 1. p.16-20.
21. The classroom community//Susan Frank, Ted Huddleston schools for Society. Learning Democracy in Europe. A handbook of ideas for action, 2009.- p.18-19.
22. Debating (Germany)// Susan Frank, Ted Huddleston schools for Society. Learning Democracy in Europe. A handbook of ideas for action, 2009. — p. 58-59.
23. Devon Metzger. Young Citizens : Partners in Classroom Management.
24. Backman, E. and Trafford, B., Democratic governance of schools, Council of Europe Publishing, Strasbourg, 2007.
25. Principal Leadership High School Edition September 2004 («Building Community», «Decision-making»)
26. APPROACHES TO CIVIC EDUCATION: LESSONS LEARNED Technical Publication Series . — Office of Democracy and Governance Bureau for Democracy, Conflict, and Humanitarian Assistance U.S. Agency for International Development Washington, DC. — June 2002. — 46 pages.
27. RES PUBLICA: AN INTERNATIONAL FRAMEWORK FOR EDUCATION IN DEMOCRACY. — DRAFT. — Revised January 2006. — 102 pages.
28. Rolf Gollob and Peter Krapf In co-operation with Emir Adzovic. Exploring children’s rights. Lesson sequences for primary schools (Illustrated by Emir Haracic). — Volume V of EDC/HRE Volumes I-VI . — Council of Europe, February 2007. — 96 pages.
29. Rolf Gollob, Peter Krapf. Teaching democracy. A collection of models for democratic citizenship and human rights education (Illustrations: Peti Wiskemann). — Volume VI of EDC/HRE Volumes I-VI. — Council of Europe, December 2008. — 134 pages.
30. Standards of achievement in civic education: civic education in lower elementary education: national assessment of students’ achievement / authors Gorica Mickovska... [i dr.]; translation Aleksandar Cholovich. — Skopje: Bureau for development of education, Assessment unit, 2004. — 45 pages.
31. Waldemar Martiniyuk Social networking and online collaboration for education professionals in the Pestalozzi Programme